Innovation is undoubtedly in the company’s DNA. Our aim is to design and manufacture tools that are more comfortable, safer, of higher quality, more durable and stronger so that they require less effort on the part of the user, and therefore improve their wellbeing and quality of life.
Bellota Herramientas is celebrating its 115th anniversary. What is the key to its success in continuing to be a leader for more than a century?
The success of Bellota Herramientas is the sum of several things, and at the centre of it all is the user and innovation. Since our creation, we have placed the user at the centre of our decisions. We have learned that listening to the needs of our users and accompanying them in their evolution is essential to our success. So our goal is to help them by designing and manufacturing the tools that are best suited to their use and characteristics. Another differentiating element is innovation, which is essential to design new tools that allow us to improve the work of professionals and amateurs.
What kind of products do you manufacture?
At Bellota Herramientas we design and manufacture hand tools for professionals and users in agriculture, gardening, construction, industry and workshops, and we also design safety footwear. 70% of our products are bought by professionals (bricklayers, renovation specialists, farmers, etc.) and the remaining 30% by private individuals.
Where do you place R&D?
R&D is key. The world is evolving and with it the needs of our customers. We have to constantly adapt to their needs and in general innovate to make their work easier and improve their quality of life. Innovation is undoubtedly in the company’s DNA. Our aim is to design and manufacture tools that are more comfortable, safer, of higher quality, more durable and stronger so that they require less effort on the part of the user, and therefore improve their well-being and quality of life. During these years we have launched 12 patents on the market and our R&D department is constantly working to adapt and improve our tools to facilitate and improve the work of professionals and individuals, and to launch new tools.
What projects are you currently working on?
We are currently immersed in the launch of new electromechanical hand tools, a range we were already working on, but which we are going to intensify in the short term. We want to consolidate our position in this market, which is clearly expanding internationally. The natural evolution of the key user of agricultural hand tools to agricultural and garden machinery makes the electromechanical range a strategic market in which Bellota Herramientas has been working for some time now to increase its offer and position itself.
– What are the challenges facing Bellota Herramientas?
We want to continue to grow and expand geographically, to continue to be a reference and leader in those countries where we are present and to strengthen our expansion strategy. Our main market continues to be the Iberian market (Spain and Portugal), where we are absolute leaders with 70% of sales, and the remaining 30% comes from exports. Some time ago we opened up to other countries where we were not relevant before and now we are growing, such as Germany, England, Italy, Greece, France, Ireland, North Africa and even Saudi Arabia. Our aim is to continue growing in these markets and to open new ones.
Font: Grupo SPRI